- Concept - Editing - execution
An animated 3d fractal music video
Pure entertainment video with a mathematical touch.
Most of the clips base on the amazing surf formula, a derivation of the mandelbox, which starts out with a 2 dimensional membrane, to apply 3d transformations to it. One clip is a mandelbox, one clip is a 3d Kaleidoscopic IFS and one is pseudo kleinian hybrid.
Remarkable is, that it is completely implemented in open source software - including the motion tracking for the intro.
- mandelbulber - fractal rendering
- Blender - motion tracking, video editing
- libre office calc - basic math, mostly interpolation and random field generation, that were used to find nice parameter combinations
- notepad++ - manual parameter editing and extracting csv data from parameter files
and several other software - a complete list can be found in the credits at the end of the movie