Just in time for Christmas, IMAGINARY is proud to present our latest product, the IMAGINARY-Entdeckerbox – a box that contains a fine selection of all things IMAGINARY (in German). It is a mix of both physical and electronic materials – 3D sculptures, posters, craft supplies, a Live-DVD with a cocktail of software and...Read more
IMAGINARY goes AI
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are among the most important current scientific topics with an enormous potential and importance for our future. Their key methods, their current research and their scope and implications for society have to be explored in an open, participatory and interdisciplinary way, involving both experts and the general public, in order to commonly identify solutions for our future.
We, at IMAGINARY, decided to dedicate a big part of our ressources to start and implement projects in the field of “AI communication / outreach / engagement”. Our vision is to setup an open source ecosystem to enable exchange and knowledge transfer on AI and ML in four main sections:
AI knowledge transfer: communication of current algorithms, methods, state of the art, research.
AI applications: showcase of start-ups, initiatives and projects with applications.
AI creativity: presenting new forms of interaction and possibilities with AI.
AI vision and society: discussions and exchange on AI’s future role and impact.
In a first phase, we developed a series of projects and created a network of partners. The projects include:
- a series of exhibits in the field of AI & music (to be inaugurated in May 2019 at our upcoming maths & music exhibition)
- a series of workshops on “Communicating (with) AI” with companies and research partners in connection to our STEAM Hub project
- a dedicated “The Mathematics of Machine Learning” 3.5-day workshop at our IMAGINARY Conference 2018
- a workshop and open curriculum to communicate core concepts of AI and ML in schools (in a modular form, analogue, in discussions, through software and also using hardwarre as robots and other devices)
- an open platform to collect and share AI exhibits and other formats in collaboration with State
- individual exhibits to be shown in the German Year of Artificial Intelligence 2019
- an Augmented Reality Episode on AI as part of the Holo-Math project (a project by Institut Henri Poincaré with partners One More, HoloForge and IMAGINARY)
- a research project on connecting and explaining AI to a general public
- a plan for a whole AI exhibition
We will share our current list of partners soon and will keep you updated on the launch of our “AI initiatives”.
Your (artificially intelligent) IMAGINARY team