IMAGINARY in Africa
Please contact us if you plan to conduct a project in a country or region in Africa or if you have experiences or ideas to strengthen mathematics and science communication in Africa and also link it internationally.
Below we list IMAGINARY’s presence in the African continent, with links to each individual event or activity.
IMAGINARY has been active in the African continent since 2014 in collaboration with UNESCO, the African Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) and the Next Einstein Initiative. Our presence has included trainings in mathematics communication and our exhibitions, IMAGINARY and MPE. We have been present in more than 10 countries and participated in the Next Einstein Forum Global Gatherings in Dakar in 2016, Kigali in 2018 and the virtual edition of 2020.
Here you can find a list of the different projects that we’ve been part of:
- March 10 - 26, 2021 - IDM Event series and teacher trainings in Algeria, Senegal and Republic of Congo
- December 10, 2020 - IDM Panel at the Next Einsten Forum 2020
- December 3 and 4, 2020 - We are AI virtual conference
- November 5 to 7, 2019 - Science Spaces workshop in Lagos, Nigeria
- September 24 to 28, 2018 - Africa Science week in Malawi
- March 26, 2018 - HOLO-MATH at the Next Einstein Forum 2018
- March 21, 2018 - NEF-IMAGINARY Science Roadshow
- March 14, 2018 - Pi-day celebration in Kigali
- October 31, 2017 - Science Spaces Workshop in Kigali
- October 3, 2017 - Symposium on the role of science museums in the Arab world.
- July 24, 2017 - IMAGINARY at The university of Cape Verde
- June 26, 2017 - Teacher Training and Exhibition in Liberia
- April 17, 2017 - IMAGINARY at Science Village in Kinshasa
- March, 13, 2017 - Mathématiques et langages
- March 8, 2016 - NEF 2016 Senegal
- November 2, 2015 - AIMS-IMAGINARY - Maths and Science Exhibition and Workshop
- July 5, 2015 - UNESCO, MPE and IMAGINARY organize open source exhibitions in Africa
- November 5, 2014 - AIMS-IMAGINARY / Maths Communication in Africa
- October 13, 2014 - AIMS-IMAGINARY at Africa STI Forum 2014
- March 12, 2014 - IMAGINARY in cooperation with AIMS at π-Day in Dar Es Salaam